San Francisco & Silicon Valley Tech Tour
SCHOOL TOURS TO THE SILICON VALLEY
Show your students the innovations of the world’s technology leaders on an educational STEM tour to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley, where they will learn about the people and companies who are behind the high-technology that has transformed and changed our daily lives. Silicon Valley is home to many of the world’s largest technology corporations including Apple, Google, Ebay as well as thousands of small start-ups, making it one of the best destinations for your Computer Science students to explore!
School Tours to Silicon Valley and San Francisco is suitable to STEM students and can be combined with other itineraries to the USA, including West Coast National Parks or a stopover in Hawaii.
Let's start planning your tour!
Being immersed in the world’s most relevant technology hub will help students to utilise the knowledge previously gained in the classroom
Visiting some of the most influential organisations in the world will inspire technology students to be creative, innovative and enterprising
Students get a better understanding of how technologies have developed over time and how they can contribute to society
Participants return with a broader general knowledge and a new perspective of the world
- See Union Square, the Golden Gate bridge and the waterfront tourist area of Fishermen’s Wharf
- Take a boat trip to Alcatraz Island, the infamous and notorious former federal prison
- Visit the Silicon Valley Intel Computer Museum, where interactive exhibits encourage students to learn in a fun and educational manner
- Visit the Computer History Museum, including one of the largest international collection of computer artifacts in the world
- Take a tour of The Tech Museum including a number of interactive exhibits and the IMAX Dome Theatre
- Visit the California Academy of Science
- See the Headquarters of Apple, EBay and the famous Googleplex
- Visit the Exploratorium, where thought-provoking exhibitions await your group
- See the world famous Stanford University, where world influencers such as Steve Jobs (Apple), David Packard and William Hewlett (HP), and Sergey Brin and Larry Page (Google) have studied
- View the Palo Alto Garage, known as the ‘birthplace of HP’
- See the historical Santa Clara Railroad depot, which was built in 1863 and was home to one of the first computers installed in Silicon Valley
- School Tours to Silicon Valley can be customised and combined with other subject areas