Vietnam War History
SCHOOL TOURS TO VIETNAM
On this history trip through Vietnam, students investigate key aspects of the Vietnam War and its significance for Australian and New Zealand history. Your group’s customised educational travel itinerary can include several war sites and old battlefields in Southern Vietnam as well as the main sights in Ho Chi Minh City. School tours to Vietnam can be customised to suit various subjects, including history, geography, religious studies and arts.
Let's start planning your tour!
Utilising the knowledge students have previously gained in the classroom
Students discover first-hand the many aspects of the Vietnam War and are able to better understand the impact id had on Australia and New Zealand
Participants return with an enhanced interest in global issues as well as a broader general knowledge
Interaction with locals and overcoming language barriers help students to understand the different cultures and develop important 21st century communication skills
- Visit the Reunification Palace, the former headquarters of the South Vietnamese Government and residence of the presidents
- See the former CIA building and visit the Thich Quang Duc Monument
- visit the War Remnants Museum
- Take a trip to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels
- See the impressive VC Memorial, the former US/Australian wartime airbase in Ba Ria Vung Tau
- Visit the former 1st Australian Task Force Base at Nui Dat
- See the Long Tan battlefield and the Long Tan Memorial Cross, reflecting on the Battle of Long Tan in 1966, arguably the most famous battle fought by the Australian Army during the Vietnam War
- Pay a visit to Horseshoe Hill, a strategic observation outpost established by the Australian forces